Puppy Training for Families
Start early to have a future well-mannered family dog
Training starts the moment you bring your puppy home! Starting NOW will save you money and frustration in the future! Let me guide you through the process of raising a well mannered dog!
THE ULTIMATE PUPPY PROGRAM!
Planning on diving into puppyhood? Or maybe just brought that puppy home and are asking yourself…what now?? This program is for you!
This program is for those who have JUST brought their puppy home or want to set up training BEFORE they even bring their puppy home! This program is for only those puppies between 6 & 12 weeks at the start of training.
We can get you started earlier in this program by starting with 2 sessions in your home to get potty training and crate training of to a great start, as well as addressing the do’s & don’ts with your new puppy. Once your puppy has his/her full shots (typically between 14 and 16 weeks), he/she will then do a 4 week Board & Train with me to deepen confidence building, social skills and behavior prevention. There will be a 2 hour session at the halfway mark to show you how awesome your pup is doing and teach you what he/she has learned that far. YOU, the humans, play the most important role in the success of your puppy being a well mannered dog. We make sure you are a part of the process. This program guides you in creating age appropriate structure, boundaries and interactions in these crucial weeks and beyond. This way, We can eliminate the majority of common puppy problems and the need to say ‘no’ more than ‘yes’. This program will set you up on the protocols that will take you through not only these critical imprinting weeks, where your pup will be most affected by what he/she learns for his/her entire life, but will carry over through the teenage and adolescent phases.
We will go beyond all that is covered in the Basic Puppy Program by going more in depth to proper exposure to people, situations and environments in order to have that confident dog that learns to focus on his/her humans in every situation.
This Program covers
- Education on age appropriate expectations, rules, boundaries, rewards and discipline
- Crate and potty training protocols
- Bite and jump prevention
- Proper play
- Name recognition
- Extending focus
- Respectful door/threshold manners
- Age appropriate sit/stay, down/stay and recall around distractions
- proper exposure (socialization) to dogs, people, environments (social skills)
- confidence building through object climbing, surface discovery and self awareness
- medical handling to make vet visits easy
- positive association to grooming (bathing, brushing, nail clipping, ear cleaning)
- sound desensitization to those often scary noises
- real world exposure on field trips
- How to set you and your puppy up for success as he/she matures
Rate: $3250 includes 2 follow up visits in the 3 months after the Board & Train. All training supplies included.
*This program includes lifetime phone/email/virtual support
**This has limited enrollment. It is best to reserve your dates before or imeediately when you bring your puppy home
*** PUPPY MUST BE ABLE TO SAFELY BE CRATED FOR 2 TO 3 HOURS BEFORE BOARD & TRAIN CAN START